My first week of staying home is going really well. Last weekend was really busy with Sadie's birthday, a shower at church, our friends Kyle and Marilee visiting (it was so nice to visit with them and we're looking forward to seeing them more now that they're in Chicago), and Daniel and I going to the Elite 8 NCAA game (Michigan State vs. Louisville) on Sunday. So it was nice to not have to worry about getting laundry done and the house cleaned up late Sunday night like we would normally do. Instead Sadie and I have been able to work on everything a little at a time the last three days.
We have also spent alot of time playing dolls (Sadie got two new baby dolls for her birthday, and we are working on showing them love! :)), having tea parties, racing Sadie's new car against her old wheelie toys (the new car has a better engine and wins every time!), reading books (Sadie received lots of new books for her birthday), dancing with Sadie's new maracas (that makes Sadie laugh every time), and playing with all her other new toys. Sadie has been a little clingier than she usually is at home. I don't know if this is part of an adjustment phase (like she's having withdrawal from all the kids and action at daycare)??? I guess we will see as the weeks go on. So she follows me everywhere I go. Here is her new form of transportation.....
She's like a little old lady with a walker. She follows me into the laundry room right about the time I've got my hands full of clean laundry from the dryer. So she turns her walker around and follows me back out. It's really funny. When I leave the room, I can hear her behind me strike up the walker and start after me.
Also, did you guys notice how in Sadie's post that her dress matched her decorations at her birthday party (specifically her plates and napkins)? That was a sweet find at Hobby Lobby. We had already gotten fabric cut to sew her a dress (when I was in Texas), and then came across the party decorations in the same patterns. Luck? I think not! So we took advantage of it all!
One more picture of her turning her walker around....
No comments:
Post a Comment