Sadie had her 12 month doctor's appointment on Monday. Everything looked good. Her measurements this time were 21 lbs 9 oz (60th percentile), 30 1/4 inches long (85th percentile), and 46.6 cm head circumference (90th percentile still!). So she is long and lean with a large head. One of Daniel's coworkers said that a big head was a good thing because all the famous models have big heads! ha! That's the first I've ever heard of that, but we'll go with it!
In other updates, she is taking more and more steps each day. She can walk across the room from time to time. At this point, I think she is playing a mind game with herself and needs to build up the confidence to really get going.
She has somewhere between 5 and 10 words already! "Uh oh" (we pretend that that is a real word!) tops the list of the most used, and "shoe" is close behind. She also says Dada, Mama, Sadie (sounds like Daddy! ha!), toe, thank you (she actually uses this phrase alot....she is very well mannered! ha!). She also said her friend's name, Kenzey, the other day when I showed her pictures of Makenzey. So funny! She repeats alot of other words when you tell her what something is.
We have been having alot of fun together. Sadie has had a couple of play dates already, and I think we are going to venture to a mom's group meeting this week. It's supposed to be warmer and prettier by the end of the week. So we might start weekly picnics with Daddy at the park during lunch. That will be a fun way to get outside and play a little. I'm so ready for nice weather and to enjoy being out in the sun again!
No comments:
Post a Comment