Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Curly hair and appliances

Daniel took some pictures last night of Sadie's hair after her bath. It is getting so thick, long, and CURLY!


I am so excited by how quickly it seems to be growing. Daniel and I are anxious to see what it will look like (how curly?) in a couple of years. It is definitely precious right now.

On to appliances.... five happens to be the number of years to stay in a brand new home before everything starts breaking. In the last six months, all of our appliances seem to be going out and we have some water leakage at our front door. Today, it is our heat pump. So our a/c is not working. We had had an exorbitant electric bill a couple of months ago. We generally do pretty well at trying to use both our a/c and heater sparingly. We also have been working hard the last several months to keep our lights off and televisions off, unplug "phantom" appliances and chargers, etc. So it was a shocker that our electric bill was so high...I mean REALLY high. Then the next month it was back down to almost normal. So we thought the electric company had messed something up. :) Well, now we KNOW! The strange thing about all of our appliances is when the respective repairmen come to fix them/replace them, the different repairmen always tell us, "Well, this ..... (insert brand) is the best brand and is made to not break for ...... (insert LOTS of years) or until ...... (such and such happens, that hasn't happened yet). EVERY SINGLE ONE of the repairman have said this about each appliance. I guess that is supposed to make us feel better? Thankfully the high today is only 65. So it is nice and cool (and humid from the rain) in our 5 year old home. :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

Sadie's hair is precious!! Did you ever have an Effanbee doll when you were little? I think Sadie looks just like my doll I had when I was little, especially with her curls.

Sorry to hear about the appliances. We had a few issues with our house too....and we just moved in! Yikes. Stay tuned to the blog for details, and good luck getting yours fixed.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

This is a very random question, but through many weird connections, I think I might have met you before...maybe. Did you go to A&M? I am from Uvalde and one of my best friends is Jill's husband, Aaron. Also, my sister-in-law is Dawn Jenkins (nee Dunkin) and for some reason I keep thinking I might have met you through her. Anyway, I found your blog through Jill's and must say you have one PRECIOUS blue-eyed baby girl!

Amber said...

I miss my Sadiebug! And is that nightgown a Livy hand me down? Her purple one? If so then Where oh where are pictures of Sadie in the pink and purple leopard print night gown? Livy's favorite nightgown that she so diligently and lovingly gave to her new cousin. That she pitched a fit in Dillards until Mamaw bought it for her? And Mamaw loved the purple and white striped one so she had to buy that one too.