Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's walking time!

Do you know the song, "I'm in the Lord's Army"? Sadie really likes this song. I was singing it to her this afternoon and doing the motions that go with it. I also like to march the whole time I sing it (for whatever reason), and Sadie just eats that up. This afternoon she was trying to march with me. She kept picking up one of her legs like she was tapping to the beat.

Just a few minutes ago, I was singing it again so Daniel could see how much Sadie likes it, and she started marching her one leg again. I got the camera out to take a picture of her, and as I'm taking pictures, Daniel starts yelling "Look, look, look!". Low and behold, Sadie is walking toward me, just laughing away the whole time, and I've captured it all on the camera!!!! Now if that isn't luck, I don't know what is! I'm surprised the door bell didn't ring right afterward because I was squealing so loud.

For the record, she has been taking one step for the last several days, and started taking two side to side steps together yesterday, but tonight was at least FIVE full steps FORWARD! Yahoo! She proceeded the grand event by taking two or three steps together several more times.

So here you go, pictures of Sadie's first steps (sorry for the poor quality...it's hard to take pictures when you're squealing!).....













2 comments:

Mamaw said...

Wish I could see her! I love the excitement on Daniel's face--such a proud daddy!

Amber said...

Thats exactly what I noticed too! Daniel's smile! That is awesome and so cool to catch on film! Sadie looks pretty proud of herself as well.