UPDATE, Saturday: Sadie seemed to be just as well as could be today. She had a very rough night last night, but had a few really good naps today and was happy and laughing most of the day. I really think she had a sinus infection as well as the ear infection. She and Daniel went to the grocery store this afternoon to get something quick for dinner, and Daniel said she was waving at everyone they walked by in the store. :) I went to urgent care this morning and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I had a rough night too and was feeling absolutely horrible this morning. So honestly the thought of pneumonia crossed my mind. I'm feeling better tonight than I have all day. I'm hoping that will be the case in the morning when we get on our flight. Daniel called Continental Airlines earlier today to try and get our flight changed (moved to Monday or Tuesday or a direct flight or to just get off in Houston where our connecting flight is). There was nothing they could do for us without us having to pay a $300 change fee. We're pretty irritated. Oh well. So Sadie and I are going to be flying in the morning. Hopefully the pressure changes don't hurt Sadie's ears. Hopefully I have enough energy to go through with the whole thing tomorrow. And hopefully we don't infect anyone else on the flight. It really makes no sense that the airlines cannot work with you.
Sadie's doctor's appointment went well yesterday, and all indications are that the infection from two weeks ago is cleared. She is scheduled for a VCUG and renal ultrasound on March 25th. From what we've been able to gather, approximately 30% of cases of UTIs before the age of 4 are a result of an underlying issue with the kidneys or the way urine is excreted from the kidneys. This time period also marks the most active development of a person's kidneys. Any infections that occur during these first few years of Sadie's life can leave permanent scar tissue and can effect the kidneys' function permanently. So this is the reason for the tests. It is pretty standard operating procedure after just one UTI (especially given Sadie's high fever and vomiting), but again, there is only a 30% chance of something more serious. We will update more after the 25th.
On another note, Sadie and I have had colds all week. It seems to be going around and involves a lot of chest congestion and subsequent coughing. Sadie was really acting like she didn't feel well today and this evening started running a fever. We ended up running her by an urgent care center since she's had the cold for a week and just now started running a fever, and she has an ear infection. Our poor girl just can't seem to get well. It's so sad. We're leaving for Texas on Sunday morning, and that could be a miserable flight for her if her ears are bothering her with the pressure changes. That was part of the reason we decided to go ahead and take her to urgent care tonight instead of waiting until the morning. So we are just praying now that she is going to be feeling better by Sunday morning when we get on our flight. Daniel is not going with us on Sunday, but will come a few days later. So I am already a little anxious about the flight and hoping Sadie does well. So for whoever reads this post this weekend, please pray for us, especially for Sadie to feel better so she can enjoy some family time in Texas.
Here's to healthier days in the Foley family! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment