This is just an update post with pictures from the last two weeks. I really think the stage Sadie is at right now is the absolute most fun we have had yet. I laugh all day long at the things she does. She is constantly learning new things and cracking herself and Daniel and I up. Here is a glimpse into her bright little personality....
I put this apron on her one day, just being silly, and now she loves wearing it....
Again, I put this hankerchief (it's from VBS) on her last Friday, being silly, and she wore it all morning long. She would put her hands up to her head to make sure it was still there, and it fell off once, and she brought it to me to put back on! She's actually trying to get the camera in this picture, can you tell....she thought it was really funny to watch Mommy wiggling away from her while trying to get a picture!
She has loved playing with the balloons from Julie's shower. She got all tangled up in them (don't worry, we were monitoring her the whole time) on Saturday because she overly excitedly attacked them. She couldn't eat her breakfast that morning because she saw the balloons in the living room (we had decorated on Friday night after she went to bed) and the other decorations and she was just itching to get into all of it! So she went crazy when we let her that afternoon. I finally had to pop them all today because she was starting to put her mouth on them. Kinda scaring her old mom.
Her first time to play in a sprinkler (because it is the first time we've had to get the sprinkler out so far...we're not in Texas anymore, Todo)...

We hadn't intended for her to get into the sprinkler, but she couldn't stay out of it. So we just let her go. Her dress was soaking wet (I don't know if you can see it in this picture)....

Sadie's new favorite spot in the house is the pantry. One of the doors is hard to close. So alot of the times it doesn't get closed all the way. Sadie takes her toys in there and takes all of the groceries out. Sunday evening, with Daniel and I standing right there, this is what happened....

Before we realized it, she had dumped the marshmallows out in the living room. She had figured out that if you shake the bag, the marshmallows would come out of this teeny tiny opening. So she was just a shaking away when we looked over at her!
I told Daniel today that Sadie might be a rebellious teenager one day. She knows how to kiss and hug us, but she refuses most of the time. She also refuses to use her words. Maybe all children do this??? But over the last several months she's said more than 10 words; however, at any given time, she only has about 4 words that she will say on demand (if we are lucky). It's like she has completely forgotten the other words, even though I use those words with her all the time. Right now her absolute favorite word is "boo". She tries all day to scare me. It is really funny. She also uses "uh oh" alot still and "more", "thank you" (sometimes), and of course "daddy" (though her word for daddy sounds differently then it did a few months ago when she first start saying it). She goes in spurts of saying "mom"...not mommy or mama. Her development is absolutely fascinating. Even if she doesn't always talk, she can communicate what she wants now, and she can follow directions really well if it means she is going to get something she wants (i.e. find your shoes so we can go outside...she LOVES going outside). We just love her to pieces and eagerly await each day to see her little personality revealed.
We hadn't intended for her to get into the sprinkler, but she couldn't stay out of it. So we just let her go. Her dress was soaking wet (I don't know if you can see it in this picture)....
Sadie's new favorite spot in the house is the pantry. One of the doors is hard to close. So alot of the times it doesn't get closed all the way. Sadie takes her toys in there and takes all of the groceries out. Sunday evening, with Daniel and I standing right there, this is what happened....
Before we realized it, she had dumped the marshmallows out in the living room. She had figured out that if you shake the bag, the marshmallows would come out of this teeny tiny opening. So she was just a shaking away when we looked over at her!
I told Daniel today that Sadie might be a rebellious teenager one day. She knows how to kiss and hug us, but she refuses most of the time. She also refuses to use her words. Maybe all children do this??? But over the last several months she's said more than 10 words; however, at any given time, she only has about 4 words that she will say on demand (if we are lucky). It's like she has completely forgotten the other words, even though I use those words with her all the time. Right now her absolute favorite word is "boo". She tries all day to scare me. It is really funny. She also uses "uh oh" alot still and "more", "thank you" (sometimes), and of course "daddy" (though her word for daddy sounds differently then it did a few months ago when she first start saying it). She goes in spurts of saying "mom"...not mommy or mama. Her development is absolutely fascinating. Even if she doesn't always talk, she can communicate what she wants now, and she can follow directions really well if it means she is going to get something she wants (i.e. find your shoes so we can go outside...she LOVES going outside). We just love her to pieces and eagerly await each day to see her little personality revealed.
4 comments:
Oh, she is just beautiful! I love the up-close pictures... Lawson also loves to get into the pantry and dump everything out, esp gold fish and hot cocoa mix all the while telling me more and please. We'll have to try the sprinklers; that looks like fun! :) Thanks for posting such sweet pics and stories!
Did she eat any of the marshmallows? She is so cute. I'll have to look around here for a small apron for her.
What a fun post, Amanda!! It looks like Sadie is into all sorts of things and is developing a fun little personality! Aren't you so glad you are getting to stay home and enjoy her! What a blessing!
I love the marshmallow pics Amanda. Did she eat them too? Josie's favorite place in our house is also the pantry - its the one door that I have considered putting one of those baby door knobs on.
Post a Comment