Sadie had her 15 month dr. appointment yesterday and the doctor said she was a keeper! :)
She weighed 23 lbs 15.5 oz and was 31 inches long. That puts her in the 70th percentile for both height and weight. I was actually surprised she didn't weigh more than that. Daniel and I usually try to guess before her appointments how much she is going to weigh, and this time I guessed 25 to 26 lbs...I was WAY off! But, man she feels like she's gained more than 3 lbs in the last three months! When I told the nurse how off I was, she joked that I'm probably getting great arms out of the deal. ha! Maybe the great arms will come when she gets to 26 lbs, because I'm not certain anyone would describe them as "great" right now!
We went through all the developmental goals with the doctor (sometimes it feels like you're being quizzed while there...anyone else feel this way?), and Sadie is right on schedule. Actually he read off the learning goals for an 18 month baby (after I started asking too many questions again....I have that annoying habit of talking too much, remember?!), and Sadie already met all of those goals except one. Does she have at least 6 words? Check. Is she interested in books? Check. Does she communicate well by pointing or showing? Check. Is she social with others? Check, check! Point to parts of her body? Check. Color with a crayon? Uh, nope! Should she be ALLOWED to do that yet? hmmm. I'll have to work on that before our 18 month appointment I guess.
Anyway, I always feel better about our parenting after leaving the doctor's office. It's nice to know that she's developing properly and more importantly healthy. She's definitely a keeper!
I tried desperately yesterday to take a quick picture of her after her doctor's appointment, but it is impossible to get her to look at the camera now days. I still think these pics are precious (because I'm her mom and can stare at her profile or the back of her head all day long every single day and think it's the cutest thing EVER...as I'm sure every mother can do the same with her own children). So I'm posting them anyway. :)
4 comments:
I ,too, am a talker when we go to the dr and a FAST talker at that and I often think that Dr. Lopez is wanting to tell me to "breathe" and slow down... but you know, we are responsible for our babies and want nothing but the BEST for them, so ask away. As to meeting mile stones, at Lawson's 12 month appt she couldn't believe that he didn't recognize us as "Mama" and "Daddy". We were concerned for about the next week, but decided that he is indeed smart and I wasn't going to worry because he doesn't need to identify us just yet as he knows that we love him and will take care of him. It sounds like she is just doing great and being loved to pieces! As to crayons, she must try them! Roll out some butcher paper on the hardwood floor and let her play, but be sure they are NON-TOXIC because they will end up in her sweet mouth. Trust me. And now we always take the crayons with the kid's menu at restaurants; it is great entertainment for him as we wait... She will love them! Sorry this is long, but you know me. :) Thanks for sharing her progress. Hope to see her and the two of you in the next month or so!
I loved the pictures Amanda. Sadie is such a beautiful girl. We were behind on letting Josie color too, but once we did - she LOVED it. And yes, she still eats them.
Aww, how wonderful :) Not only is she a beautiful little lady, she's brilliant too! I'm excited to hear how the crayon adventures go :)
Let her color!
Post a Comment