Wednesday, July 29, 2009

30 and counting

I haven't posted a blog in FOREVER! So hopefully I'm gonna get caught up today (or tomorrow or next week! ha!).

I tell you what....hitting 30 did a number on me. I was sick the whole first week and still am having some allergy problems accompanied by an intimidating cough (lots of fun to watch other mothers scatter at the park when I start coughing!). Sheesh...that's what getting old does to ya I guess!

Despite feeling kinda crummy on my birthday, I had a great one (thanks to Daniel and Sadie). My dear former coworker, Libby, and her children, Grayson and Janie, came over that evening as a special birthday treat. I really miss seeing her every day and knowing what Grayson and Janie are up to. So it was so nice to see them ALL on my birthday. Our neighbors also came over for dinner and cake (a side note.... that was the last we saw them before they became a family of three....little Owen was born last week at 35 weeks and is doing wonderfully at home with his parents....congratulations to the Alberts!).

My only request for my birthday was a birthday cake, because I love cake and can't remember the last time I had one on my birthday. You'll see below Daniel's awesome attempt at a decorated birthday cake. It was cute and yummy too! Julie, our neighbor, also brought over a yummy chocolate cake. So my birthday wishes were granted! :) Yes, I need help for my food obsession, but that is another blog for another day! ha!

Anyway, here are some pictures.


The kids scheming how to take over the WORLD.....



Sadie trying to keep up with Grayson and Janie....


Grayson and Janie stealing my thunder with their rendition of "Happy Birthday".....



Sadie enjoying some birthday cake....





Also, thank you to all the birthday wishes! They were all so sweet! In case anyone is wondering, Daniel's birthday is this Saturday, August 1, and he will finally be 30! Whew, those 2 1/2 weeks when I'm older than him :) are the longest weeks all year!


1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a great birthday!!! Awesome job on the cake Daniel!