Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Fun Weekend

We had a great three day weekend, and hated to see Daniel go skipping off to work this morning (I say skipping because HE was probably ready for a break from Sadie and I after three days! ha!). It was nice and warm most of the weekend. So again we spent alot of time outside. I think when it finally warms up here and isn't raining (it really been raining WAY too much for me), then there's a sense of urgency to get outside and enjoy it before the fall comes. Maybe that's just Daniel and I, but summer is all the more precious when you spend so many months of the year inside.


Sadie helping Daniel fill the bird feeder


Our friends, Kyle and Marilee came down from Chicago to visit. Sadie had alot of fun playing with them on Saturday evening....Kyle played fetch with her :) and showed her how to play dress up like Marilee......





Marilee is pregnant with their first baby, and we are so excited for them! They are going to be great parents soon!


We all went for a ride down the Monon Trail on Sunday afternoon, riding down to Indy city limits, then back up, stopping for pizza at Bazbeaux on the way back. Sadie did alot better than I thought she would for such a long ride. She actually fell asleep for a while in her trailor. The Althoffs left around 5:00 that evening, and we headed out for a little more outdoor activity, because Sadie just loves being outside.


Happily clapping for yet another walk around the block.


Yesterday it was much cooler. So we spent a little more time inside doing laundry, making rice krispie treats, and running some errands. However, we got back out yesterday evening and fed all our plants and let Sadie run....




UP....


....and DOWN...


the sidewalk. This is really one of her favorite past times. Amazing.

No comments: