So I have ALOT of respect for single mothers (especially since my sister is one), and when Daniel is gone, I have even MORE respect!
Daniel's in Iowa, and naturally that means we're going to have a snow storm move in. It snowed most of the afternoon. As I've mentioned before in a post, Sadie goes to daycare up in Sheridan (where Daniel works....about 15-20 miles north of our house) at a friend of ours, Ms. Jane's daycare. So Daniel takes her each day. Some days I get to pick her up when Daniel has an evening meeting or something else going on. It generally takes about 30 minutes to get to Ms. Jane's house from my work....as long as there are no accidents and the traffic is low and I leave work BEFORE 5:00. Today I didn't know what to expect. The roads were progressively getting worse out. Everyone who came in to the office said the same thing....it's bad out there. So I left at about 4:20. Sadie and I finally got home at 6:00! Whew. My usual 15 minute commute turned into a LONG commute! Sadie was sleeping soundly by the time we finally pulled in the driveway. So I left her peacefully while I hurriedly shovelled the driveway (at least partially), got the mail, put the trash and recycling bins on the curb (so I don't have to do that in the morning if the weather is bad and we're trying to leave early), took in the groceries I had gotten over my lunch break and put them up, got Sadie's dinner ready, pre-measured some bottles, and called the pizza guy! So that's why I'm sitting here writing this now....because I'm worn out and procrastinating. I really need to go iron and take a shower and pack a lunch so that it will be quick going in the morning if, again, we need to leave early due to bad roads. I also have laundry to do, toys to pick up, dishwasher unloading, and a MILLION other things to do, that I'm not doing.
Long story short.....Sadie and I miss our Daddy already!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment