Lucky for Daniel and I, Sadie has really become a big helper lately. She likes to help us with lots of different tasks, but generally those tasks include throwing something away, putting something up, or retrieving something for us. However, some of her "helping" skills also include helping with the laundry and cleaning floors.
Here she is after helping me put away laundry. She has a fascination with wearing necklaces. I guess this "unmentionable" qualified as a necklace to her (because you can see in the picture that she had just put some real necklaces on as well).
Here she is cleaning the floors. I had been vacuuming in the kitchen, and Sadie was playing under the kitchen sink where the wash rags and dish soap are kept. This is a pretty common occurrence...she gets all the dish rags out and then puts them back or puts her toys down there or so on (generally making a pretty big mess in the end....normal). When I was putting the vacuum up though, I looked over at her and noticed that she was pretending to spread dishwashing liquid on the floor (it's in her left hand in the picture, so you can't see it) and was then pretending to wipe it up with a wash cloth. This is EXACTLY the way I clean the kitchen floor (except with floor cleaner). So I guess she was trying to help me that day. :)
3 comments:
Too too cute!! What a fun stage! It sounds like she really has a cute personality!
Oh, my goodness... we have got to get our little "helpers" together to play! They are doing things so much alike these days, well, I hope Sadie isn't throwing the fits that Lawson is throwing, but it is neat to see them doing the same type things. Lawson actually likes to "dust" with the dryer sheets and loves to use the broom, swiffer duster, and vacuum cleaner. He also likes to wear the same style of "necklaces"... too funny! And as to the "helping on the counter"... it wears me out! He says, "up, up, up" as he swings on the edge of the counter until you give in to picking him up and then he has to help! I suppose he is going to make a great husband someday... that is our prayer anyway! Not sure if you noticed the strange "snowday" blog posting, but Lawson also helped publish that way before it was time! I will try again tonight AFTER he goes to bed! : ) She is just a doll and we would like to call to make plans to get together soon; I believe they would have fun together! Take care and we'll talk soon. Love to each of you.
That is so cute! Such a big girl to be helping mommy. Miss ya'll.
Post a Comment