Saturday, January 2, 2010

The count is on!

Sadie's counting! She counted to 10 tonight on her own! She had been getting close the last couple of weeks, but it was never that clear, and never all at once without any help. She is getting so big! This reminded me that I need to make a post of all the things she is doing right now and all the things she likes, for posterity's sake. She amazes and cracks us up...... all at the same time. Life is good for Sadie!


Here are some other Sadie facts:

She loves her babies, her blocks, and her books. Though that could change with all the new Christmas toys.


She loves sitting on the cabinet and "helping" me cook. She always wants to "seeee" when I'm preparing a meal.


She finally got her four "I-teeth" in, all while we were in Texas for Christmas. I am hopeful that this will mean an end (or at least a decrease) to the drooling!


Her favorite books the last three months or so have been "The Very Greedy Bee" and "Curious George Visits the Zoo". We read them about a million times a week.

It is uncanny, but she can always identify Jesus when we see a picture of him on a book or in church or a on a crucifix. This absolutely fascinates me! She often reminds us to pray at mealtime and confidently says "Amen". She knows the Lord's Prayer, and knows that's a que to fold her hands and be quiet.

She loves singing...."The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round", "Five Little Monkies Jumping on the Bed", "Shake Your Sillies Out", "Five Little Monkies Sitting in a Tree"

She almost has her shapes down.....I think she knows them, but she still likes to call everything a triangle! Then she just laughs when I correct her! :) We're still working on colors.....every color is "geeeeeeeeeeen" to her. Hmmmm....color blindness does run in my family.....

Her favorite food is cheese. Her favorite vegetable is green beans (funny because this was the only baby food vegetable she would spit out! ha!). Her favorite fruit is bananas. She still LOVES her milk and prefers it over juice or water or anything else. She has developed an unhealthy obsession of chips. Daniel and I can't eat a chip anymore in front of her......not good when one of OUR favorite foods is chips and salsa!


She FINALLY gives kisses! This has been such a huge treat for Daniel and I. When we use to ask her to give us a kiss, she would just lean her cheek toward us and expect us to kiss her. Starting a few weeks ago, she finally started giving US kisses! What a sweet gift (open mouth, slober, on the lips, and all) to her Mommy and Daddy.

1 comment:

Life of Preston said...

Such a cutie you have Amanda!!! I LOVE the bit about the chips! William is obsessed with chips and salsa and would eat it all day if he could (it does help, of course, that he has a mouth full of teeth!) someday soon, sweet Sadie!