Sadie got her FIRST hair cut tonight:
Here's a before shot:
And more afters:
I did it myself since she just needed a trim in the back (to alleviate the mullet effect she had going on!). I feel like I got a little overzealous with the scissors though! With the first snip, Daniel freaked out and said, "NOT THAT SHORT!", then he went on to say, "She's going to look like a boy". It did look a little short in the end, but I think it will be okay, and so far it appears that the curls are still there (that was my worst fear in cutting it....that I'd cut the curls out because EVERYONE, and I mean EVERY stranger I meet in any store, has told me that once I cut it for the first time those curls will go away). The haircut may have made it even curlier. :)
Here are some pictures I took earlier today to try to capture how long it was before the big event:


And one from earlier in the week. She woke up with a mohawk! he!he!

Oh, and here are some pictures after the big haircut. Sadie was adament tonight that she wanted to get "dressed"....which translates to "I don't want pajamas, I want real clothes". So we reasoned with her that she could wear the pants she picked out over her pajamas. That satisfied her. So this is how she went to bed:
And a shot of her hands in her "pockets", because the girl is fascinated with pockets. And no you are not missing anything, she doesn't really have pockets, but she thinks this is the same as pockets. :)
And one from earlier in the week. She woke up with a mohawk! he!he!
Oh, and here are some pictures after the big haircut. Sadie was adament tonight that she wanted to get "dressed"....which translates to "I don't want pajamas, I want real clothes". So we reasoned with her that she could wear the pants she picked out over her pajamas. That satisfied her. So this is how she went to bed:
And a shot of her hands in her "pockets", because the girl is fascinated with pockets. And no you are not missing anything, she doesn't really have pockets, but she thinks this is the same as pockets. :)
2 comments:
She's getting so big! Can't wait. Her hair is precious. And she is definitely developing her own style of dress. Where does she get that?
What a handsome fella Daddy is in that picture, hehehe!
Sadie is adorable with her new haircut - good job Momma!
Post a Comment