Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fishing with Grampi

Wow – what a trip! A couple of cousins (Tim and Jim) and I had the opportunity to go fishing in North Central Saskatchewan with our granddad, Grampi, and several of his buddies last week. The fishing was great and the scenery was awesome, but it was the company that was the best. Grampi will be turning 90 in September and he isn't slowing down - especially when it comes to fishing (this was his 28th year to go fishing at Sportsman's Lodge along with the many other fishing trips he takes!). I am so thankful that he not only invited us along, but took special care of us during the trip. You see, if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had any rods and reels, tackle, and we (mostly myself!) definitely didn't have any know-how when it came to fishing.

I had never done anything like this before and can’t wait until I have a chance to do it again. If I can do other fishing trips with Grampi, count me in!

Here is a quick overview:


Our Transportation



Our Cabin


Our Equipment (and the Experience)




The Landscape


The Wildlife


With Jim, Tim and Grampi


This trip was one of those that I don't think that I will ever forget both for the scenery and the fishing, but mostly because it was a neat thing to get to do with Grampi. He is a great man that I have the utmost love and respect for! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

You can see more pictures in our Foley Picture Album.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome place and alot of fun! Glad you had a good time withthe family!