Well, it just seems like we have been very busy the last week or so. Needless to say, I didn't get to post this past week. Hopefully I'm not setting a trend, b/c I really want to keep this site updated. I had actually started one last Sunday to show everyone a picture of my birthday dinner.....Daniel once again out did himself! ....crab bisque, crab dip, shrimp and spinach dip, mushroom canapes, and chocolate fondue made from Toblerone....yum! He also had scheduled a massage for me, got me a new rug for the front door (somehow he found the absolute perfect one even though I've been looking for one forever and wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted), and Sadie gave me some framed pictures of herself (she already knows what I love!). It was obviously a successful birthday weekend. Just one more year until the big 3-0!
We had another good weekend this weekend. I had to work yesterday at the 4H fair, handing out information about rain barrels, which are so cool. I really think everyone should have one, though I have to admit Daniel and I don't have one....YET! :) Anyway, while I was working, Daniel and Sadie walked around at the fair. We are learning that Sadie just LOVES being in the middle of lots of activity and people. This is probably true of all babies, but it's funny for us b/c until going to daycare, she had not been around alot of other people except Daniel and I (since our families are so far away and we were slow to venture out with her). So she really enjoyed the fair and just smiled as she took it all in.
She is such a happy baby. I'm amazed all the time at how happy she has become. She's generally complacent no matter what. It was funny last night I had given her a bottle right before bed, and went to burp her, but she was so tired she just wanted to sit on my lap. She was almost falling asleep....eyes shutting and head nodding. Then she looked up at me and just got the biggest grin. :) Life is good! Another funny story...at church this morning she let out three very loud burps! I was mortified, b/c it seemed like she was never going to stop! It was right in the middle of one of the Bible readings when things were pretty quiet. We were surprised that no one turned around to find out where the burps came from, but there were several snickers...including form her mommy and daddy.
Development updates: Last weekend she really began putting things in her mouth. Since then it seems like everything is going in her mouth....dolls, toys, blankets, my shoulder, her fist, the exersaucer...you get the picture. I don't think she is teething yet. So I guess she has just learned she can do this. I also learned this week that she's been rolling over at daycare. We thought she had rolled over once before when we were having some professional pictures made of her, but finally chalked it up to a fluke when after four weeks we haven't seen her do it again. Well, I asked Miss Jane (Sadie's daycare provider and our good friend) if she had rolled over and Jane just started smiling. Soooo...since then I've been trying desperately to get her to do her little "secret" trick for us. The problem is she cries everytime I put her on her tummy. So I don't know. We'll keep trying and update you if we ever get to see the infamous "roll"!!!
Well, I better get to bed. We are leaving for TX this Wednesday for my brother, Will's, wedding. I can't wait! Of course we have lots left to do before we take off, and I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.
love to all,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment