Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tree Hugger Preschool

Today was another good day for Sadie. She slept through the night (which she has done for about 10 days now) and it has been REALLY nice! I woke her up, she had her bottle, got dressed, got kisses from Mommy, and off to Miss Jane's daycare we went.

This afternoon when I picked her up, it was reported that she had another good day playing with her friends. She was happy and smiling when I arrived which is a great feeling! She took a bit of a catnap on our way home before our big evening out.

Amanda had a Backyard Conservation Workshop that she was helping with this afternoon at West Park in Carmel, and she was responsible for refreshments. Being as she had a bit of a hectic work schedule today, Sadie and I helped her out on this front by meeting her at the park with the food and drinks.

Before the meeting started, Sadie and I took a walk through the park / nature reserve, and we had an educational lesson on various plant and wildlife habitats. I explained to her that it is important that we take care of the many gifts that God has given us such as the plants and animals. I think that she may have dozed off during part of my lesson and I'm sure a couple of the people that we passed thought that I was nuts for talking to a sleeping baby, but oh well, it was fun anyways!

We then made it back for the presentations talking about rain gardens, wetlands, water conservation, etc. I have often joked that I am married to a tree-hugger, and so tonight was Sadie's first official 'tree-hugger' experience (a.k.a. Tree-Hugger Preschool). She was even appropriately dressed (by chance only) in a pink outfit with frogs on it -the symbol of her Mom's water conservation and water quality public education campaign.

Once we made it home, Sadie finished-up her day with a bath, a final bottle, some play/talk time, and of course, a few more kisses. She is now resting peacefully waiting for tomorrow to come.

I am thankful for the tree-huggers in my life. Good night girls!

1 comment:

Mamaw said...

I am thankful for those tree-hugging girls of yours, too. Can't wait to see you guys.