Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Welcome to our Blog!

Here's our first attempt at a at least weekly update of our lives with Sweet Sadie! We love reading other people's blogs and thought how fun it would be to keep everyone updated about Sadie's development. Plus as everyone knows, I love to talk. So this is an easy way for me to indulge myself without boring anyone unless they really want to be bored!!!

We hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Ours was good. We went to see our friends Russ and Selena Bragg and their 5 week old son, Lawson on the 4th. The Braggs moved to Evansville, IN last summer. So we've been missing them since. Sadie was kinda fussy once we got there. I think she had a bit of an upset tummy, but we finally got to put her and Lawson on the floor together for some pics. I think they loved each other! It's so fun to see babies together and how they react to each other. Sadie was just staring at Lawson and he was smiling back at her. Too cute! We took it easy the rest of the weekend. I had had mastitis (yes, for the 4th time!) last week and was still a little sluggish. We are now trying to wean after this last infection. Hopefully all will go well without another case of mastitis and without Sadie reacting badly to formula full time. I will update later with our progress.

I've been back at work fulltime for almost three weeks now. Sadie seems to be doing really well at daycare (thanks to Miss Jane!). Mom is not doing as well, but hopefully I'll get used to it eventually. No matter how much fun Sadie is having, it still doesn't seem right to not be with her every day. I look at her pictures online at least once a day (sometimes more...oops!).

Everything else is going well. Sadie is growing a ton and changing. She had what we think was her first little giggle last week. I was tickling her tummy and then tickled her under her neck and she let out a little laugh. So of course I did it again and again until she was tired of it. :) She's such a joy to us and we love each day we spend with her! Every day is a blessing!

No comments: