Here's a quick little round-up of some new recipes we've been cooking around here lately. I've really been in the new recipe trying mood and have finally been going through the recipes that I've tagged or bookmarked over the last several months. So I thought I would share because who doesn't love perusing new recipes?!
This recipe for Crockpot Chicken Posole Soup was so easy and seemingly healthy. You can add all kinds of toppings like avocado, shredded radishes, cheese, green onions, sour cream, etc. You get the picture.
I think this is Daniel's favorite new meal: Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls. It is a bit spicy (so kids MAY not like it), but very, very good! I actually thought they would be harder than they were to make, but they were pretty simple and fairly quick to assemble. We have these with carrot and celery sticks and ranch dressing.
BBQ Meatballs are my current favorite go-to comfort food. I LOVE these! I think I originally got hooked up to these from Joanne? They are really, really good! Serve them on top or alongside mashed potatoes. The sauce would probably be really good with meatloaf too. One day I'll try that since the meatballs are a little time consuming to prepare.
Italian Sausage Soup is another easy recipe. It will be great for a nice cool fall day. I probably shouldn't admit this since Daniel is in the pork industry, but I used turkey Italian sausage for this to lighten it up.
These Drunken Pork Chops are good. I think they'd work pretty well in a crockpot too.
I just made this Key Lime Cake over Memorial Day weekend and it was a yummy, fresh tasting cake that's good for summer. It's pretty tart...much like key lime pie would be. FYI, I also really love that blog.
This next recipe is our new absolute favorite dessert recipe (for the time being). It is fresh, yet really indulgent tasting. I could seriously eat this every single day (and night)! It's another really easy one. Are you starting to catch a theme with my cooking...E.A.S.Y! :) Eton Mess (from Barefoot Contessa). We omit the liqueur though because I'm way too cheap to buy something that I would probably only use for this recipe.
Well that's what's cookin' around here! We've been looking into doing the 17-Day Diet soon. Anybody have any experience with that? Neither Daniel or I have ever done an organized diet. So I'm not sure how well we'll do, but I need some kind of jump start to get the rest of this baby fat off, and working out other than walking is just not happening right now. I'd love to know if anyone else has tried the 17-Day Diet and how it went!
Well that's what's cookin' around here! We've been looking into doing the 17-Day Diet soon. Anybody have any experience with that? Neither Daniel or I have ever done an organized diet. So I'm not sure how well we'll do, but I need some kind of jump start to get the rest of this baby fat off, and working out other than walking is just not happening right now. I'd love to know if anyone else has tried the 17-Day Diet and how it went!
2 comments:
Yummy! These will be tried, for sure, at our house and they are very much needed!
Thanks for sharing. And as to the diet... let me know how it goes. This mama is struggling after baby #2, as well! :)
Wow Amanda! Those sound yummy!! Thanks for sharing!! We'll definitely have to try some of them! I have never heard about the 17 day diet, but it sounds interesting! I'd love to hear how it goes if you do it!
Post a Comment