We have had a seriously tough winter this year....and I'm not just talking about the sleepless nights in the Foley house! The entire months of December and January were one snow fall after another. Only 5 days the entire month of January hit the freezing mark, the rest below. Actually 80% of the days in January were below average. It was crazy.
We've enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather for much of February, but it didn't start out well. The first of February we had a winter storm that left us with about 4 inches of solid ice topped off with a couple of inches of snow. We were very thankful that it wasn't any worse and we didn't lose power. It took us a LONG time to get our entire driveway cleared off, ultimately the temperatures warmed up to an unseasonable 40 something degrees for several days to finally finish it off, only after a couple of weeks of living with it. We picked and scraped all but the bottom of the driveway clear to try to make it a little safer.
These are the only pictures we have of the actual ice. It looks alot like snow, but we had already scraped the snow off the top. This is pure ice. Crazy!
Daniel thought it was funny when I was outside working at the driveway and he was tucked away inside with the girls. I thought I saw a flash of light and was trying to figure out what it was, only to find out he was laughing inside and taking pictures of me! Nice, huh?!
1 comment:
A rough winter, indeed. Aren't you glad that God made the season of Spring??!! I can hardly wait for its arrival!!! Cute pics... love Sadie watching from the side lines. :)
Post a Comment