Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Party

Last Saturday we had a little Halloween party for Sadie and her buddy Malachi. It was a ton of fun. We did lots of crafts, some play time, and a little cooking. It was nice to do something so fun for Sadie that she got to help shop for and (kinda) plan. It makes me anxious to get to plan birthday parties with her in the future! Fun!


We started the morning off with breakfast.....cinnamon mini bagels with pumpkin cream cheese and raisins and a side of bananas.






Daniel and I had some decaf coffee and pumpkin spice creamer (have you had it yet? it is so yummy!). I think Daniel was wishing he was drinking regular caffeinated coffee at this point...the kids were so hyper-hyper!...


Then we geared up for some painting....


We made handprint ghosts on the treat bags...



and then stamped pumpkins on gates made of popsicle sticks to make puzzles...



Then we went outside to play for a while, take a walk, and search for leaves. Here the kids are "taking pictures" of Daniel and I. :)






The highlight of the day for them was painting pumpkins...



They LOVED it!



We then made homemade pizzas for lunch. Sadie was eating black olives by the handful while Malachi was eating mini pepperonis by the handful! Good times!


More play time....



Then on to leaf rubbings...



and decorated rice krispie treat pumpkins...



Does it resemble a jack-o-lantern? :)




Here's one of the finished treat bags, complete with the handprint ghost. :)



Sadie and I shopped for treats to fill the treat bags and ended up with glow sticks, Halloween straw cups, glow in the dark stickers, raisins, Teddy Grahams, candy necklaces, coloring pages printed from the internet, and all their crafts to round it out. Sadie has kept all of her goodies in the bag throughout the week and carries her bag around the house...it's kinda funny! Oh the things that 2 year olds enjoy!
It was a fun day for all four of us honestly. It's nice to get to do these kinds of things with Sadie, and having Malachi over made it even more fun! We're very grateful Sadie has such a good, fun friend to enjoy having over and who enjoys her just as much.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Amanda! What a fun idea and day!! It looks like the kiddos had a great time and y'all probably did too! I love all the creative things you did! Maybe Abigail and I will have to do that one day!

Mamaw said...

What fun! Y'all did a great job of planning such fun, creative things for the kids to do--I know they had a good time.