Friday, February 19, 2010

More quirkiness



An outfit picked out (i.e. insisted upon) completely by Sadie!


She wanted ALL the clips in her hair Wednesday evening as we were frantically getting ready to run go eat dinner with Daniel so he could work late before going to Ash Wednesday services. She also insisted upon her tutu (she was obsessing over the tutu all day and I had already thwarted her attempts to wear it to the Children's Museum earlier in the day), boots, and a sweater (I was wearing a sweater which means Sadie should wear a sweater, according to Sadie). As we were getting ready, she kept bringing me one hair clip after another until she brought me the ziplock bag that normally houses the clips and said, "gone, gone". Yep, all the clips we own were in her hair and she was pleased.


Daniel did remove all but one of them before we entered the restaurant. Daddys! They are just NO FUN!

:)




p.s. Daniel says we are going to just outfit her closet with all pink stuff so that when she is feeling like expressing her fashion taste, her outfit will still look semi respectable. ha! It's probably a lost cause. It's good for little girls (and boys) to get to pick out what they wear....builds independence and character.


p.p.s. That sweater she is wearing is from Paris. I bought it at a garage sale in Carmel (in the Village of West Clay....the BEST garage sales ever!) for 25 cents. As I was paying for it and some other clothes, the lady gets all nostalgic and says, "I bought that for my daughter in Paris"! Hmmm....go figure! That explains why I couldn't read the writing on it! I'm sure that will be the only sweater Sadie ever owns from Paris. :)


3 comments:

Selena said...

Well, if the sweater came from Paris, then the tutu was a must! She knows exactly what she is doing and always looks so pretty! Tell Daniel that if he wasn't worrying about pink, he might be worrying about the camo boots that we bought on a whim and that Lawson now wants to wear with EVERYTHING! And he knows the difference between "shoes" and "boots"... they are only little once, right? : ) Hope y'all have a nice weekend and that the sun is shining there as it is here... it sure is a pretty change. Much love.

J. Page said...

I have been catching up on reading your blog and sweet Sadie is too cute!! Hopefully one of these days we will get to meet her and and see her parents. It has been too long. She sounds like she has quite the personality!

Theresa said...

Oh! She is so darn adorable!