Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yeee-haw!

Last week we took Sadie to the state fair. It was a cloudy day with some spotted showers. So there wasn't a huge crowd. Lucky us! Here are some pictures.

and we're off.....

One of my old coworkers gave these boots to Sadie and we have just been waiting for her to fit into them. Now she does and they are SO cute! We put them on her before we left that morning so we could get a picture of her in them to send to him.

Can anyone guess what this display is of?

It's in the State Fairgrounds "Pathway to Water Quality" exhibit and is a comparison of pervious and impervious concrete. It's my favorite part of the fairgrounds. :)


We aren't sure whose horses these were, but they looked awfully important. So we took Sadie's picture in front of them! She was pretty interested in them, though they didn't seem to notice her. They must get alot of visitors since they're so important and all.



piggies.....






Can you believe they were showing live pet neutering operations??! I didn't take a picture of the actual operation because we didn't sit down and watch it, but this is a picture afterward, and you can see some of the spectators still lingering. Very odd display in my easily-grossed-out opinion.


Daniel and Sadie won a Red Gold cookbook for me! Forget the teddy bears at the midway, a cookbook is the way to my heart! For those in Texas that don't know what Red Gold is, it's an Indiana grown/based tomato company and a big deal around here. I had never heard of it before moving here, but I probably had never paid alot of attention in the tomato aisle at the grocery store either....I'd just pick up my Rotel and move on right?! ha!


The cheese sculpture....

Sadie wouldn't cooperate with her dad who really wanted her picture in front of the Indiana Pork pig....


and we finished the day off with a milkshake. Really Sadie finished off the milkshake. We had gotten it to share because they are HUGE, but Sadie ate about 2/3 of it by herself!!! She looked cute though, since her dressed matched the cup! :)



4 comments:

Tara said...

It looks like y'all had alot of fun. I will be going to our state fair next week, but not for fun, I get to work...yay. That is the most adorable dress she has, she was definately dressed to match!

Selena said...

How cute Sadie looks! She has really grown and is prettier all the time! We visited the county fair and Lawson had a lot of fun, too! Am hoping to post those pics in the next day or so! Happy to see some new pictures of the pretty girl. Take care!

Cecilia said...

That dress and those boots - they are great! And what a fun day y'all had. Am I dork for clicking on the water quality demonstration picture? I was interested to see how it was set up. :)

Amanda said...

Not a dork at all Cecilia! I'm not lying when I say that is my favorite part of the fairgrounds. There are all kinds of cool conservation projects in the pathway. If you couldn't see it in the picture, they pour both types of concrete next to each other, putting a storm curb inlet in both, and a fountain in between. When it's not raining outside (not the case when we were there last week), you can really see it working because the surface isn't wet (so you can really see where the water is going). The pervious side just SOAKS up the water. It's a very good demo for those who have never seen pervious pavement of any type.