We haven't been blogging much lately, because, well, it's been a busy summer! The proof is in the pictures! :)
I don't think we've mentioned it before, but we've spent our Fridays this summer (I mean EVERY Friday we were in town) working at the farmer's market. I know I've said something before about our church being a new mission church. So in order to get involved in the community and get our name out there, we've been selling homemade ice cream at the market. It has been a ton of fun really!
There is usually a band or musician to dance to....
...and a juggler/balloon artist to watch....
...and plenty of food (this is Sadie with her little boyfriend, the Pastor's son, Malachi)...
When I say there is plenty of food, I mean it! I think we've all gained about 10 lbs from eating so much ice cream this summer! Yum! This Friday is our last Friday, and my waist line won't miss it a bit!
With all that eating, Daniel and I have been shredding it with Jillian Michaels ("Isn't it, buddy? Isn't it?" ha!) for the past couple of weeks. I know, I know... this is a girl workout video, but Daniel has been doing it with me 1) to keep me motivated (I mean, let's face it, I'm the one who had a baby 1 1/2 years ago and still have 10 lbs to lose!) and 2) because it really is that hard! We just don't make the time to go to the gym anymore and lift weights. So the Shred video has been great! I haven't lost any weight, but I can feel it working. I actually can feel my ab muscles for the first time since being pregnant. Sadie likes to get into too.
We've done the video twice while she was still awake, and she loves to particpate! I wish I had a video of her doing squats with us. Hilarious!
Last weekend we went up to Bass Lake with our friends, the Picketts. We didn't quite get the weather any of us we're hoping for though. It was cold, as in 60 degrees cold! So we never even got our bathing suits or water toys out of the car. :(
It was so cold, and we were so unprepared for how cold it was, that we had to borrow clothing.....
It was still lots of fun to play and visit.
Their family has such a cute lake house for them to all enjoy, and the little kids all seem to have such a good time with each other and the neighbors.
The day we left it was fortunately (or unfortunately because we were leaving and didn't get to enjoy it) alot nicer already. You can kinda see the lake in this picture hopefully and see how pretty it is.
Alot of the lakes in Indiana are natural lakes, which neither Daniel or I had ever been to a natural lake before, only reservoirs. Our second summer here, we got to go up to Lake Wawassee for Daniel's company trip, which is a natural lake. They are so different from Texas lakes or man made lakes. They're shallower and without cliffs. They're basically depressions in the land. Very interesting, I think at least! The average depth of Bass Lake is 6 feet with a range from 0 to 30 feet (I think that's what Libby's dad said). Here's a little trivia for you....Texas only has one natural lake. I'm pretty sure it is Caddo Lake, though I don't know if that is how you spell it or where it is located. So I probably should do my research before putting that info out there!
Here are a few other pictures from August....
at our church summer picnic
These are for Papaw because he wanted a picture of her eating a watermelon....
2 comments:
Can't wait to see ya'll.
Adorable pictures, looks like y'all have had quite the summer. I love Sadie's little pink dress in the first pictures, you have the cutest clothes for her!
Post a Comment