....to a circus shower! This past weekend I helped host a cute little circus themed shower for some friends at church. It turned out so cute that I wanted to post some pictures of the details. It was a ton of fun to plan, as you can probably see, and it couldn't have been for a more deserving, sweet couple!
My wonderful mom was here last week, and we made these flag banners. Get this, my mom actually had most of this fabric already. She had decorated her classroom many years ago in a circus theme and had saved all the fabric. So I snatched that up back in the spring when we first started talking about a circus shower. Then we added a couple of other fabrics to play up the three main colors we wanted to focus on...yellow, blue, and red.
The food table
More decoration
We tried to do a grown up interpretation of carnival food (kinda) plus things that matched the decor (circus red, yellow, and blue).
Teeny weenies instead of corn dogs:
chicken skewers with cherry tomatoes
fruit kabobs with red, yellow, and blue fruit:

a little extra decoration on the food table, popcorn cupcakes:

chocolate dipped pretzels:

and the oh-so-time-consuming-but-turned-out-oh-so-cute clown cupcakes:



The hostesses with the soon to be mommy:
and Sadie enjoying a cupcake after the party was over:
a little extra decoration on the food table, popcorn cupcakes:
chocolate dipped pretzels:
and the oh-so-time-consuming-but-turned-out-oh-so-cute clown cupcakes:
We also had a popcorn bar complete with popcorn, a choice of seasonings, and bags to take your seasoned popcorn home in as the party favor.
The drinks (sparkling lemonade, cucmber water, and sweet green tea, plus some mint leaves to add to your drink):
The hostesses with the soon to be mommy:
and Sadie enjoying a cupcake after the party was over:
9 comments:
Very cute party and I loved all of the themed food!
It turnied out really cute!
SO cute!! I am impressed!
Cute... I love the popcorn cupcakes... Was that icing and then marshmallows on top??? My friend is having a Circus Themed B-Day party for her 3 year old next week and I think that would be a cute idea...
Summer-you're right, it's just icing and marshmallows. You actually can use a combination of yellow marshmallows (from the colored marshmallow bags) and regular white one to make them look more like popcorn. You use 2 marshmallows for each popcorn kernel, cutting 1 into thirds. The recipe is from the Hello Cupcake cookbook.
What a cute shower! I love the fruit kabobs.
Such a cute shower!!!
love the cupcakes! My friend just had a carnival birthday party and these would have been perfect :)
What a great party! The food looked amazing. I like how you used tickets for all of the labels.
Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog/
Post a Comment