Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas projects

So I haven’t written much on this blog lately. Daniel, thank you to him, has been carrying all the weight of our family in the blogosphere. I have been admittedly a little stressed at work lately and so busy planning for the holidays, that I just haven’t been in the blogging “mood”, so to speak! But, that is all about to change….I know, I can hear cheers of joy out there!!!


As I mentioned, I have been very busy readying our home for Christmas. We LOVE Christmas time, sometimes I think Daniel loves it more than I (he can go a little crazy with the Christmas jingles....aka, Christmas music...he wanted me to clarify what jingles meant in case anyone didn't know. ha!), but we both really like this time of year. Usually, however, we do not have anyone in our home during the month of December, and so we don’t go too overboard with many decorations other than a Christmas tree and the usual other things (basically setting out all of our nativity scenes), really because we’re just kinda loser-y like that (I mean that in the best possible way)! Well, not this year!!! Daniel’s parents will be coming to visit the first weekend of December and my entire immediate family (9 in all) will be visiting for Christmas weekend. We are so happy to be welcoming December travelers to our little home that we’re sparing no expense with the Christmas decorations (or at least I am sparing no expense…Daniel may stop me at some point because I WILL go overboard, it’s inevitable).


Anyway, since the holiday decorating has been draining all of my creative juices lately, I thought I would marry those projects with the blog and write about them. We are just so excited to be hosting Christmas for once (did I say that already?). I might as well share our decorating projects and decorated house with more than our visitors (with us living in Indiana, this may be our only chance at holiday hosting!) So now you will not have to travel all the way to Indiana to be able to take in the awesome Foley Family Christmas. We are coming to your home via this blog!!! Yes, get excited! Here is a teaser photo….more to come!

No comments: