Sadie is taking her first dance lessons this year at Rather Be Dancin' in Westfield. Last week was the first class, and she did surprisingly well. Daniel was out of town and didn't get to go, but he went with me to watch her last night. It really is so entertaining to watch! There are currently 5 little girls in her class, including her good little friend Makenzy. It is a class for 2's and 3's. So you can only imagine how cute it is. It has really been surprising how well Sadie and the other girls listen to the teacher, Ms. Jennifer. They all are doing really well and following what she does. It's super cute. I was in tears last night a couple of times because we (all the parents watching from the hallway) were laughing so hard at the girls' "leaping" skills. They have to leap over little stuffed animals on the floor. Most of them walk up to the animal and hardly make it over the little thing. Sadie tries with all her heart to jump with BOTH feet and a big thud over the stuffed animals. It will really be interesting to see how far they will come by the end of the year (the class is a full year, with a recital around Memorial Day). For now, Sadie just loves it. Last week she talked and talked about "dance class". When Daniel got home from out of town on Thursday, she exhausted the subject to him that morning, and then again when she was at Jane's on Thursday, she was evidently repeatedly telling everyone she was going to dance class in the morning. :) And in our two weeks of class, I can already see the benefits of the class beyond just being an activity Sadie enjoys....following directions, discipline, and of course coordination. I'm so glad we decided to start this year. Here are a few pictures of Sadie and Makenzy on their first night.
2 comments:
LOVE that Amanda. Might be the cutest little dancer I have ever seen. :) I could not decide between dance or soccer for Josie and she chose soccer. But after seeing these little outfits - I may have to force her to do dance too. :)
Oh my gosh Amanda! How adorable is this!?!? Love it! What a fun time for both of you!
Post a Comment