This is what we had for dinner tonight.....

Looks good huh? Well maybe it doesn't look that great, but it was mighty tasty, and I told my mom I would share the "recipe". When I told her what I had made for dinner tonight, crickets. She didn't say anything. I guess she didn't think it would taste very good. Then she said...sounds interesting. Hmph! Well, guess what, it WAS interesting and tasty too!
Basically I sauteed some sliced onion in butter and olive oil. Then I layered that in a casserole dish and put raw chicken breasts, seasoned with season salt on top. Then I combined a melted package of cream cheese, a few spoonfuls of sour cream, and a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise and heated through. I tossed some French Fried Onions in and spread all on top of the chicken breast. Cooked it in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes, and whala! We ate it on top of plain rice with a blt salad on the side (iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bacon bits, and thousand island dressing) since the chicken is a little rich. Oh and I used lowfat sour cream and mayo. So it was healthy right?!
I know we get tired of the same old things over and over (chilli, spaghetti, chicken and rice, grilled chicken salad, tacos, carnitas, etc.). So it's nice to create a totally different taste sometimes. I'm sure the recipe could be perfected...so try it out! :)
p.s. I promise I am not going to start a cooking blog...I'll spare everyone that pain and leave the creative cooking up to my sister!
Looks good huh? Well maybe it doesn't look that great, but it was mighty tasty, and I told my mom I would share the "recipe". When I told her what I had made for dinner tonight, crickets. She didn't say anything. I guess she didn't think it would taste very good. Then she said...sounds interesting. Hmph! Well, guess what, it WAS interesting and tasty too!
Basically I sauteed some sliced onion in butter and olive oil. Then I layered that in a casserole dish and put raw chicken breasts, seasoned with season salt on top. Then I combined a melted package of cream cheese, a few spoonfuls of sour cream, and a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise and heated through. I tossed some French Fried Onions in and spread all on top of the chicken breast. Cooked it in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes, and whala! We ate it on top of plain rice with a blt salad on the side (iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bacon bits, and thousand island dressing) since the chicken is a little rich. Oh and I used lowfat sour cream and mayo. So it was healthy right?!
I know we get tired of the same old things over and over (chilli, spaghetti, chicken and rice, grilled chicken salad, tacos, carnitas, etc.). So it's nice to create a totally different taste sometimes. I'm sure the recipe could be perfected...so try it out! :)
p.s. I promise I am not going to start a cooking blog...I'll spare everyone that pain and leave the creative cooking up to my sister!

2 comments:
That totally beats our baked potatoes with ham, cheese and black olives (gotta have the black olives). But I did make a muy bueno shrimp ranchero on Sunday with cilantro rice and black beans and corn. The two college girls I fed were quite impressed.
That totally beats our baked potatoes with ham, cheese and black olives (gotta have the black olives). But I did make a muy bueno shrimp ranchero on Sunday with cilantro rice and black beans and corn. The two college girls I fed were quite impressed.
Post a Comment