Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finger foods

So even though the finger foods containers say your baby should be crawling with her belly off the floor before starting finger foods, we have really thought we should start trying to give Sadie some anyway (maybe because it seems every other 8 month old is eating table foods and Sadie's still on pureed veggies and fruit...we haven't even gotten to meat yet, but that's a story for another day). All we had before in the way of finger foods were some Gerber puff stars, and Sadie didn't really know what to do with these. She would push them around on her high chair. Inevitably they would get stuck to her hand, and she would never even try to put any in her mouth. So those weren't working. Then I found these large wagon wheel shaped puffs.
Now we're getting somewhere!

I have admittedly had to give up a little obsessive control in the cleanliness area lately when it comes to Sadie's feedings. After Daniel's parents were here this past weekend, Grampi made several comments about how clean of a baby Sadie was. I'm sure this was well intended as a compliment, or just a statement probably, but I got to thinking....MAYBE I'm not ALLOWING her to make messes. So I set out this week to let her get a little crazy in the high chair with a wagon wheel! I'm very proud of myself for this! Just look at this big mess she made.



Sadie was proud of me too!


Tomorrow night I might actually let her hold her spoon after I'm done feeding her! Now that's living on the edge people!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: