
She got to visit with her friend Lawson this past weekend. Our friends the Braggs were briefly in town from Evansville, and we were excited to meet them for lunch. Sadie and Lawson exchanged some notes on teething (Lawson is 2 months younger than Sadie, but has two teeth already!). Lawson is just as cute as they come, and we so wish we got to see the whole family more! Then she graced everyone with her presence at the Mundt's Fall Party. We didn't last long there, since it was late in the evening, but we were glad we could go for a while and bring Sadie. She very much enjoyed and appreciated Rob's bonfire! :)
Sadie and I were supposed to go with the rest of her daycare cronies to Stonycreek Farm for the Fall festivities yesterday. However it ended up being a super cold day and Daniel and I just decided it was a bit too cold for Sadie. I know the other, older kids were undaunted by the cool weather and had a very good time, and Sadie is looking forward to going with all the kids next year. This year instead we enjoyed a day at home together. It was nice and makes me really wish I could do it every day. I do get the next two Tuesdays off for Election Day and Veteran's Day, respectively, and I am looking forward to more quality time with my girl!
Another note, Daniel hit a deer yesterday morning on the way to work, or rather the deer hit him. He was in the Explorer, and it hit on the pasenger side. Usually, Daniel takes Sadie to daycare every morning because her babysitter lives just outside Sheridan where Daniel works (and is in the complete opposite direction of where I work), and usually he is in our Honda Accord. So we were very thankful he was in the Explorer, and very thankful Sadie was not with him.
So on to the 7 month updates....
Sadie has one tooth as you can see in the previous post. We are expecting a second tooth ANY day now. You can see it just trying to bust out! So very soon....
Sadie has been learning cause and effect. She has a particular toy with ducks that spin. She will spin one of the ducks and watch it spin and as soon as it stops, she spins it again.
She and I play a game where I kinda head butt her, gently of course. Well, now if I do the whole routine she will move her head to meet mine.

Sadie is also making progress toward crawling (I so need to get the house, or at least downstairs, baby-proofed!). She has been sleeping on her knees for some time now, but she is now getting up on her knees during play time and is busy hitting all kinds of funky poses, particularly what I think is a 'downward dog' in yoga. She can somewhat scoot backward. This has all developed so quickly that I'm not certain what to expect next.

Sadie now eats three full meals a day, and eats them all as if it were her last! :) She is so much like her mommy and daddy in this respect!

Well, sleep tight our sweet angel (I can hear her breathing in the monitor and it just makes me smile to know she's in the next room getting rested up for another fun day!). We hope all is well with everyone else. We were excited that our Aggies finally pulled off a win last weekend. Boy are we ready for basketball season to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment